The Farley Center at Williamsburg Place recognizes that addiction affects the entire family. We offer the Family Program to assist family members and patients to cope with the consequences of addiction.
The Family Program provides an interactive learning experience by exploring the following topics:
- Understanding Addiction
- How Addiction Affects Families
- Co-Dependency & Enabling
- Resources for Recovery
- Continuing Care
- Skills for Effective Communication
Patients participate with their family members throughout the entire weekend.
Sessions focus on the disease model of addiction and the impact addiction has on all members of the family.
Saturday-9 am-5 pm
Sessions focus on:
- Addiction’s impact on each member of the family
- Working toward recovery as individuals and as a family
- Building awareness of relationship changes in addiction and in recovery
- Coming to terms with the losses felt as a result of addiction
- The continuing care process and its implications for recovery of the family
Sunday-9 am-2:30 pm
Sessions focus on effective communication.
FAMILY PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS:
- Family participants will have the opportunity to attend local 12-step meetings for both patient and family members on Saturday evening.
- Each family participant will receive an interactive family booklet designed to support continued recovery and personal growth. Additional supportive resources will be provided, including information about Al-Anon and other 12-step programs for family members.
- Family participants will leave equipped with recovery resources, information, and knowledge that will support their continued recovery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Family Program dates are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If, for any reason, you are unable to attend after you are scheduled for a given weekend, please contact us as soon as possible.
“I am very glad that I came. I got a lot out of the program and feel that it will help me with my interactions with my son.”
“I have learned so much this weekend and feel much more hopeful for my daughter’s future. I am very thankful for this program.”
Families are encouraged to "Like Us" on the Farley Facebook Page and join our community of support.