Farley Center remains open for you and your patients during this stressful time.
- We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and working with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and public health officials to ensure that our patients and their families, staff, and community stay safe, but continue to have access to psychiatric treatment as needed.
- We are dedicated to continuing to provide the highest-quality mental health care in the face of COVID-19. To do this safely, we have been implementing new policies and procedures, including developing a new visitor policy, increasing housekeeping services to ensure surfaces are cleaned and disinfected several times a day, incorporating the use of masks and other personal protective equipment when appropriate, and practicing social distancing. Please note that these policies and procedures may be further updated as the situation with COVID-19 changes.
- All staff has received infection prevention and control training.
- Thorough disinfection and hygiene guidance has been provided and procedures are being closely monitored by leadership and infection control nurses.
- Patient care supplies such as masks and hand sanitizer are being monitored and utilized.
- Cleaning service contracts have been reviewed for additional support.
- Personal protective equipment items are routinely checked to ensure proper and secure storage.
- Screening protocols have been enhanced.
- CDC informational posters are on display to provide important reminders on proper infection prevention procedures.
- We are in communication with our local health department to receive important community-specific updates. If you are concerned about potential exposure to COVID-19 by you or a patient, call your local department of health for guidance.
- We are implementing Telehealth and telephonic programs as possible to ensure that our clients are safe in the community.
Updated Visitor Policy
- To protect our patients, staff, and community, we will no longer allow routine visitors/patient attendants into our facilities for the foreseeable future.
- Participating in treatment team will be made available to you by telephone. Please note that you will need to alert us to your desire to participate by phone and schedule a specific time with us to do so.
- We are discontinuing all public use of our community spaces, effective immediately and until further notice.
- Family therapy sessions may be held telephonically or virtually. In-house therapists will coordinate these appointments with family members.
- Vendors will be asked to enter through the employee entrance and screened for temperature. Vendor will be limited.
- Community support group meetings on our campus, such as AA and NA, have been temporarily suspended.
We appreciate that these restrictions may cause challenges for our patients and their families. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to these policies as part of our continued efforts to keep our patients, visitors, and workforce protected and healthy during this time.