Once an admission date has been scheduled, it will be important to begin thinking about what to bring. The Farley Center at Williamsburg Place offers a comfortable and casual atmosphere. You will be in group therapy most of the day and busy with assignments for the remainder of the day. Your evenings will be spent with your community or attending 12-step meetings.
Once you have been stabilized and moved from detox, you may have some free time to exercise at the local YMCA, walk the beautiful grounds, or sightsee in Williamsburg and the surrounding areas. Bring comfortable clothes appropriate to the season, shoes, and workout clothes. We recommend bringing a small amount of cash to cover toiletries.
For a complete list or if you have additional questions, please call the admissions department at 800.582.6066.
Items you cannot bring
- any technology that can access the Internet (e.g., computer, laptop, iPad, Kindle)
- cell phone (patients can travel with their cell phones; however, phones must be checked in at the nurses station during patients' stay at The Farley Center)
- video/recording devices
- items containing drugs or alcohol
- items containing alcohol, including but not limited to mouthwash, aftershave, cologne, all aerosols, and food items
- weapons of any kind (e.g., firearms, knives, Taser)
- Perfumes, cologne, body spray, essential oils (all body fragrances)
- no items of clothing displaying alcohol/drug related logos or ads
- women: no spaghetti straps, halter tops, tank tops, legging, yoga pants or similar
- men: no tank tops, muscle shirts, or undershirts
- no revealing necklines or shirts that reveal midriff
- undergarments are required and cannot be exposed
- shorts and skirts should be no shorter than two inches above the knee
- non-revealing robes are to be worn over pajamas
Useful items to bring
- at least one week's worth of comfortable clothing (you will have access to a washer and dryer; laundry soap is provided)
- sneakers or shoes with rubber soles, walking shoes
- Identification cards
- Pillow (one will be provided)
- a small amount of cash
- an alarm clock
- alcohol-free products like mouthwash, hair products, etc.
- insurance prescription authorization card or the information for same
- physician-approved medications in their original bottle (please obtain a refill prior to admission if you are low on medication)
- nicotine replacement (patches and/or lozenges; no gum)
To learn more about what happens when you arrive at Williamsburg Place, please take a moment to browse our FAQ section, and feel free to contact us if you have specific questions about our admission process.