The Diamond IOP at Virginia Beach is a six-week program for people with addiction. Its four-day-a-week structure provides addiction education and counseling components while encouraging clients to apply the recovery skills to their daily lives as productive members of their community. This supportive IOP can serve in a continuum of care following a residential treatment program or as appropriate initial therapy based on criteria set by the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
The IOP runs evenings, from six to nine o’clock, and allows patients to continue working, maintain their current living situation, and improve their relationships, all while receiving services right in their community.
Diamond IOP at Virginia Beach is currently accepting new patients. This program is made possible through a collaboration with Meridian Psychotherapy, located at 4509 Whitechapel Drive , Virginia Beach VA.
The key to successful treatment is an initial evaluation and assessment of the patient and his or her family by our treatment professionals. Admission to the Intensive Outpatient Program is based on this assessment and meeting the following criteria:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a diagnosis of primary chemical dependency
- be ready for discharge from a partial hospitalization program (PHP) setting
- be sufficiently medically stable for this level of care and not manifest symptoms of withdrawal
- exhibit symptoms of an addictive disorder and symptoms of a psychiatric illness of such severity that there is significant interference with social, vocational, or educational functioning
- have the cognitive ability to benefit from insight-oriented therapy
- agree to periodic and random urine drug screens and breathalyzer or blood alcohol testing while participating in the program
- have the transportation necessary to allow for participation
- not be as distressed or disordered as to present an imminent danger to self or others
- have a person living in the community who will support the patient’s participation