Drug Use Assessment
Spend less than 5 minutes using our Drug Use Assessment Self-Quiz to learn more about your, or your loved one’s, potential severity of drug use.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
If you answered “Yes” to 2 or more questions. it may indicate a substance use disorder. For more information, please contact The Farley Center. To receive our brochure, fill out the brochure request form.
It’s essential to approach a drug assessment with honesty and openness, as accurate information is crucial for determining the most appropriate course of action. The results of a drug assessment are confidential and used solely for treatment planning purposes.
Here are some steps and questions you might consider in a drug use self-assessment:
- Honest Reflection: Take some time to honestly reflect on your substance use behaviors without judgment.
- Frequency and Quantity: How often do you use drugs? How much do you typically use in a single instance?
- Motivation: Are you using drugs for fun, relaxation, coping with stress, or other reasons?
- Impact on Life: Is your drug use affecting your daily life, relationships, work, or responsibilities?
- Cravings: Do you feel a strong urge or craving to use drugs, especially in situations where you previously used them?
- Loss of Control: Have you tried to cut down or quit using drugs but found it difficult to do so?
- Tolerance: Do you find that you need to use larger amounts of the substance to achieve the same effects as before?
- Withdrawal: Do you experience physical or emotional discomfort when you stop using drugs or when the effects wear off?
- Mood and Emotions: Do you use drugs to cope with negative emotions or to enhance positive feelings?
- Consequences: Have you experienced negative consequences as a result of your drug use, such as legal issues, relationship problems, health concerns, or financial difficulties?
- Desire to Quit: Have you thought about quitting or cutting down on your drug use, or has someone expressed concern about your drug use?
- Support System: Do you have a support system in place that can help you if you decide to make changes to your drug use?