Due to COVID, the family program was dramatically impacted. Currently, your primary therapist will provide weekly contact with your family. Your counselor will work with you on the structure and purpose of these family calls in order to meet your treatment needs best. The team is working to develop a new family program that will provide education and support to families post-COVID. Your loved ones may access family educational videos on our website. If you have questions, please speak to your counselor.
Addiction Is a Family Illness
The Farley Center at Williamsburg Place recognizes that addiction affects the entire family. We offer the Family Program to assist family members and patients cope with the consequences of addiction.
The Family Program provides an interactive learning experience by exploring the following topics:
- the disease of addiction
- how addiction affects families
- co-dependency and enabling
- resources for recovery
- continuing care
- skills for effective communication
For family members of current patients, we are happy to offer our new Virtual Family Program with the following Lunch and Learn Sessions:
- Friday 11/5/21 The Brain and Substance Use Disorders
- Friday 11/12/21 Communication in a Recovering Family
- Friday 11/19/21 Codependency: Getting to Know Ourselves
- Wednesday 11/24/21 Holidays: Substances, Family, & Recovery
- Friday 12/03/21 Boundaries, Enabling, and Helping
- Friday 12/10/21 Family Systems: Identifying our Changing Roles
- Friday 12/17/21 The Brain and Substance Use Disorders
- Wednesday 12/22/21 Holidays: Revisiting Family Recovery
- Wednesday 12/29/21 Communication in a Recovering Family
- Friday 01/07/22 Codependency: What is my First Step?
- Friday 01/14/22 Boundaries, Enabling, and Helping
- Friday 01/21/22 Family Systems: Identifying our Changing Roles
- Friday 01/28/22 The Brain and Substance Use Disorders
To join, visit the Zoom link: https://omni-org.zoom.us/j/4411801291
Meeting ID: 441 180 1291
Please contact Jessica Swan at email@example.com or 720.412.1300 for more information.