The Farley Center Intensive Outpatient Programs remain open for you and your patients during this stressful time. The goal of the Farley Center Intensive Outpatient Programs is to reduce our patients’ symptoms and to improve their overall health and functioning in social, occupational, educational, and other areas critical to leading a safe, independent and productive life.
We have continued to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and work with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and public health officials to ensure that our patients and their families, staff, and community stay safe but continue to have access to addiction treatment as needed.
We are dedicated to continuing to provide the highest-quality mental health care in the face of COVID-19.
To provide safe treatment, we have been implementing new policies and procedures and practicing social distancing. We have transitioned our groups to telehealth, which utilizes a virtual platform for treatment. This allows our program to provide services to anyone in the state of Virginia regardless of distance, with the help of our telehealth platform.
- Please note that these policies and procedures may be further updated as the situation with COVID-19 changes.
- All staff has received infection prevention and control training.
- Screening protocols have been enhanced.
- We are in communication with our local health department to receive important community-specific updates. If you are concerned about potential exposure to COVID-19 by you or a patient, call your local health department for guidance.
We appreciate that the uncertainty communities are experiencing may cause challenges for our patients and their families. Thank you for your understanding and participation in our continued efforts to keep our patients, visitors, and workforce protected and healthy during this time.
Substance use disorders disrupt and impair social, family, occupational and educational routines and relationships. Substance abuse and psychiatric treatment should not contribute further to that disruption.
Farley’s IOP allows patients to continue working, maintain their current living situation and improve their relationships all while receiving services right in their community.
The program is open to adults 18 and older who are experiencing substance use disorders, along with co-occurring psychiatric disorders and are experiencing significant impairment in their daily functioning. To participate, patients must commit to attending a minimum of three hours of therapy, four times per week.
The key to successful treatment is an initial evaluation and assessment of the patient and his or her family by our treatment professionals. Admission to the Intensive Outpatient Program at Farley Center is based upon this initial assessment and according to the criteria listed on the following page.
To qualify for admission to the Farley Center IOP Program, the patient must:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a diagnosis of primary chemical dependency
- be ready for discharge from a partial hospitalization program/PHP setting
- be sufficiently medically stable for this level of care and not manifest symptoms of withdrawal
- exhibit symptoms of a addictive disorder and symptoms of a psychiatric illness of such severity that there is significant interference with social, vocational or educational functioning
- have cognitive ability to benefit from insight-oriented therapy
- agree to periodic and random urine drug screens and/or breathalyzer or blood alcohol testing while participating in the program
- have the transportation necessary to allow for participation
- not be as distressed or disordered as to present an imminent danger to self or others
- have a person living in the community who will support the patient’s participation
For admissions to a Farley Center Intensive Outpatient Program, please call 800.582.6066. Our admissions office remains open 24/7.
Standard IOP meetings will be held Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Our Military IOP will meet on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 3:00pm-6:00pm.