221 Bulifants Blvd, Unit B
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Farley Center announces the return of our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for clients who do not need the level of treatment provided by a residential program or are transitioning out of inpatient care. We offer three sessions per week from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
Participants learn the skills to help them achieve and maintain recovery. The program is less disruptive to life and work than the residential treatment and allows clients to continue functioning in their roles as family members and employees.
The key to successful treatment is an initial evaluation and assessment of the patient and his or her family by our treatment professionals. Admission to the Intensive Outpatient Program is based upon this assessment and meeting the following criteria:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a diagnosis of primary chemical dependency
- be ready for discharge from a partial hospitalization program (PHP) setting
- be sufficiently medically stable for this level of care and not manifest symptoms of withdrawal
- exhibit symptoms of a addictive disorder and symptoms of a psychiatric illness of such severity that there is significant interference with social, vocational, or educational functioning
- have the cognitive ability to benefit from insight-oriented therapy
- agree to periodic and random urine drug screens and/or breathalyzer or blood alcohol testing while participating in the program
- have the transportation necessary to allow for participation
- not be as distressed or disordered as to present an imminent danger to self or others
- have a person living in the community who will support the patient’s participation
For more information, contact Stephanie Barkster at 757-372-1691.